The CAS Program at Ermitage needs your help!
Students are participating in a Paris-wide service initiative called Love in a Box. Love in a Box is literally what it means, we share our love by packing it up in colorful boxes!
This student-led CAS project involves sending holiday gift boxes full of useful and fun items to needy children in Paris and orphanages around France as well as abroad. We hope to get all grade levels of the International Studies Program involved .
Here is how it works - Click the image below for downloadable PDF instructions.
Just a few simple steps to take to make a difference in a child's life:
- Take an empty shoebox
- Pack your box using the list below to decide what to put in. (Everything should be new with the exception of used toys, books in very good condition, please)
- Use an elastic band or ribbon to close the box.
- Place a label on the end of the box, marked GIRL or BOY, please also indicate the age.
- Decorate / Wrap the shoebox in colorful paper. Wrap the lid and box separately.
Your Box must include*:
- Warm Gloves & Hat or Scarf
- Crayons, Pens, Markers or
- Colored Pencils
- Notebook, Paper or Coloring Book
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Sweets/Candy, Chocolates
- Book/magazine in French
*If for some reason, you are missing an item and running out of time, please indicate what is missing in your box by putting a post-it on the outside listing the missing items. Obviously we prefer full boxes but we will take all donations!
CAS students will be collecting boxes starting Monday November 24th. Final deadline for boxes is Friday, December 5, 2014!
Drop-off points are in the offices of Mrs. Woindrich and Mrs. Dubos.
For more information about Love in a Box please refer to the attached flyers and visit their facebook page: www.facebook.com/liab.france
Thank you in advance for your participation in this worthy project!