Our Pedagogical Approach
We make every child a priority. It is essential for our young students to feel secure and free to explore their new school community. We help them grow and thrive, making sure their needs are met. Pre-K and Primary School students are divided into groups by language level so everyone can be appropriately challenged and receive personalized guidance.
Encourage our students to take initiative, ensuring they develop confidence and a love of learning.
Young people who are fully aware of their capabilities and the world around them.
Ermitage is open to children who are 3 years old (or will be by the end of the year), as long as they are potty-trained. Our Pre-K program is focused on bilingual language acquisition of French and English and the discovery of new skills.
By involving your child in their own learning, Ermitage has accepted the challenge of leading them to independence. This process takes place in French and English, as early as Primary School. Depending on their linguistic background, we will choose the best class for your child to make sure they reach middle school at their full potential.
– Generally for children who are native French speakers (or native speakers of any language besides English)
– 10 hours of English per week, as opposed to 1 hour in a traditional French classroom
– Writing lessons in English and French
– Geography and science classes taught in English
– Only appropriate for bilingual children
– Bilingual French and English curriculum
– At least 13 hours of lessons in English every week
– Math classes in both English and French
– Additional French support possible for native English speakers
Flexible 60/40 class
– Two teachers provide team instruction
– Each child can use the classroom space as they see fit
– A pedagogical approach that further encourages student independence and initiative